1. Make sure wood furniture and other items that are
sensitive to moisture are covered properly.
2. Dont store items that may break if they freeze in
non-climate-controlled storage areas.
3. Store items you will access frequently closest to the
4. Leave an aisle through your unit if you will be
accessing your belongings frequently.
5. Store clothing, drapes and fabrics on non-rusting
6. Label all boxes clearly and keep a list of all items in
What not to store
Some items cannot be stored by Rutledge Mini Storage because they are hazardous. These items include flammable items (paint, varnish, paint thinner, kerosene, oil, gasoline, etc.), corrosives, explosives, matches, lighters, fireworks, furniture polish and other items deemed toxic or dangerous by state and federal law.
In addition to hazardous materials, we do not allow food to be stored in the units. Perishable or otherwise.
For your personal protection and safety, we recommend that you do not store the following items: cash, jewelry, securities, furs, family photos, deeds, wills and other valuable personal items.